Welcome to the home of your community’s programs, registration, news and resources from the neighbourhood.
It is fall Parkridge People,
Summer was beautiful and now it is fall. We are loving the extension of summer as we move into the fall routines. I hope everyone had a great summer!!
A few reminders for fall:
· School is back in session. This means reduced speed limits in the school zones. Although this is during specific times of the day, it is always best to drive slowly. Lots of students are learning new routes to school and enjoying the beautiful weather so they can be out and about outside of those school zone times. Let’s keep kids (really everyone) SAFE!!
· Parkridge FUN DAY in the PARK is happening on Sept 17th, 2017 3:00-8:00pm. There will be a petting zoo, the Balloon Man, Human Bowling, Bouncy Castles, and so much more. Most activities will be free for the community. There will also be a fundraiser BBQ and Beer Gardens. Fireworks to close out the evening! Fun for the whole family!! Grab your neighbour, grab some grub, then go pet a goat! Good times!
· Fall programs are set up on the registration site. We have a few programs ready to go and we are looking to get a few more added. We are also working diligently to get several more programs in for winter. If you have a program suggestion or are an instructor with an idea, we would be happy to hear about it. Email email@example.com. We may not be able to accommodate all suggestions or find slots for all instructors but we will do our best. Please remember everyone working on planning, setting up, coordinating etc. are volunteers. These volunteers have families, jobs, hobbies etc. that keep them busy. We appreciate all their time and efforts as they work hard to provide programs that engage our community. Sometimes there are challenges outside of our control, so please be patient. We are doing everything we can to bring our neighbours together.
· Soccer registration has occurred. There may be some slots available for some age groups. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will see if we can hook you up. Note: there may be late fees associated with registration. Also, a reminder that we have new volunteers working on this program. Please be patient as we work hard to get our soccer program boosted up.
· Coaches!!! No experience is needed. Considering spending a little time building confidence in our young people.
As you may have read before, your PCA has undergone some changes. Some dutiful, hardworking volunteers that have served for many years have moved on and some new, fresh volunteers have moved in. Many of our positions have been filled but don’t think there are no opportunities. We would still like to use the buddy system for most of our coordinator positions. So if you are interested in helping with one of our positions, please let us know. Also, we are always happy to have helping hands for events, delivering newsletters, meeting instructors and participants for class start up etc. These do NOT need to be permanent, regular positions but sporadic, when you can positions. If you are interested in signing up for our volunteer info/signup, please send an email to email@example.com. We will add you to our list and you can help out when you can.
We took a break from meetings in the summer but we are getting back at it. Stay tuned for the next meeting time and remember the AGM in October (October 19th, 2017). And we plan to put up regular updates on the website and Facebook so please check back for updates. We have experimented with changes in meeting dates, times and locations. We would like to accommodate as many members as possible but we know we can’t get everyone. If you are unable to make the meeting but have something to share, please don't hesitate to email either Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sally (email@example.com).
Looking forward to meeting many of you in the neighbourhood. Have a great fall!!
The soccer registration link is ready to go for the 2017 Fall/Winter season. Please be sure to register your soccer star between August 28th and September 1st. Any questions regarding soccer, email firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, the soccer program cannot run without volunteers. Please considerate of our volunteers as they work hard to bring these programs to our community and consider volunteering as a coach.